A new CIES football observatory study has revealed Arsenal star Bukayo Saka as the best performing Under 21 star in European football.
The 20-year-old who is enjoying a brilliant season for the Gunners has helped them make a significant push in their quest to reach next season’s Champions League.
Saka is the club’s top scorer in all competitions with nine of his ten goals coming in the Premier League.
The CIES Football Observatory published their list of the 100 best performing U21 outfield players from across 32 European leagues this season, and Saka tops the list.
He was able to achieve the feet for his air and ground defence, ball recovery, distribution, take-ons, chance creation, air attack and shooting.
The top five is made up Patrick Wimmer of Arminia Bielefeld, RB Leipzig defender Josko Gvardiol and Crystal Palace’s attacking midfielder Michael Olise.
Other Premier League players sitting inside the top 50 include Southampton’s Armando Broja (13th), Arsenal’s Gabriel Martinelli (14th), Rayan Ait Nouri of Wolves (22nd), Watford’s Joao Pedro (23rd), Valentino Livramento of Southampton (33rd), Leicester’s Luke Thomas (40th) and Billy Gilmour on loan at Norwich from Chelsea (49th).
The only other names playing in England who make the list are Blackburn’s Rede Khadra (76th) and Levi Colwill of Huddersfield (88th).
Best performing outfield U21 players in Europe.
- Bukayo Saka (Arsenal)
- Mason Greenwood (Manchester United)
- Patrick Wimmer (Arminia Bielefeld)
- Josko Gvardiol (RB Leipzig)
- Michael Olise (Crystal Palace)
- Piero Hincapie (Bayer Leverkusen)
- Castello Lubaka (Lyon)
- Goncalo Ramos (Benfica)
- Nico Williams (Athletic Bilbao)
- Georginio Rutter (Hoffenheim)
Other notable inclusions
- Armando Broja (Southampton)
- Gabriel Martinelli (Arsenal)
- Nuno Mendes (Paris Saint-Germain)
- Rayan Ait Nouri (Wolves)
- Joao Pedro (Watford)
- Jude Bellingham (Borussia Dortmund)
- Valentino Livramento (Southampton
- Luke Thomas (Leicester)
- Jamal Musiala (Bayern Munich)
- Billy Gilmour (Norwich)
- Rede Khadra (Blackburn)
- Liel Abada (Celtic)
- Calvin Ramsay (Aberdeen)
- Levi Colwill (Huddersfield)